Things that make me feel closer to a partner
(From a posting elsewhere)
- Cuddling/touching. Just touching each other because it feels good, non-sexually. Like sitting "on top of each other" or stroking the other as goes past him/her as part of other activites.
- Spending time together without doing anything together. E.g: One of us sits reading, the other thinking
- Cooking food together
- Looking into each other eyes (just sitting there looking at each other)
- Doing small thoughtful things for each other
- Example: Leaving/finding small "Hi" notes
- Example: Giving/receiving small gifts for no reason (it is the intention/thought behind the gift that counts, not the cost)
- Doing minor sacrifices for each other. This must be balanced - if it goes out of balance, it creates distance. Example of sacrifice: Going to a different movie than you would really have preferred because you know your partner would much rather see another one, and that one is reasonably OK by you.
- Planning things to do together in the future. E.g: Planning a vacation together.
- Sharing secrets. Either common ones, or one of us "giving" one to the other.