.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

They'll all fall

Monday, May 09, 2005

(outlink) How to fall out of love

This is a question that I often get asked, and Donald Robertson just published the article How to fall out of love: Psychotherapeutic Treatment for Love in the Days of Yore.

I've just read through the conclusion, and it looks good. It miss seeral parts that I find important, though. On the psychotherapeutic side, the most imporant one is to split your love into different roles, and handling them separately. Your dreams of a future might be one part, her in the role as an ex might be another, as sex partner, as friend, as ... - heck, I had to remove one ex from the role of pupil to stop thinking about her, and that's a role she should never have been in...

2 Comments:

  • Hey, So glad I stopped by here today because I am printing that article up and I am going to take it home and give it a read. I am in need of something like this right now.

    By Blogger katehopeeden, at 12:16 AM  

  • Tell me how it turns out. I've got a bunch more resources in the area.

    By Blogger Eek, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home